In April of 2000 Hubby and I were dating. And had our first big fight. Since then there have been a ton of squabbles, a few big blow-outs, and more good natured bickering than I can even remember. If you ask the Offspring, they’ll tell you it’s because we’re both Irish, our friends would say it’s because I’m a (crazy) redhead, but the truth is we’re both passionate people who enjoy some good old fashioned “lively discourse” and passionately making up.
The funniest part of that first meltdown is we thought it was just a funny story to tell our friends after a beer (or two). Turns out, it was also good for getting me in my first ever anthology which CAME OUT TODAY!
At 4:00 am I was up downloading the Kindle version, reading my name in digital print and laughing like a goober. (Yes, I can freely admit this!) Because I’m a big kid and because I was too excited to friggin’ sleep!
The truth is, after “meeting” the other contributors and reading their work, I can’t believe I’m lucky enough to be in the same book. But guess what? It’s too late for the Editor to change her mind now! *insert heavy sigh of relief here*
But you don’t have to take my word for how friggin’ funny it is, considering I might be a tad bit biased. The book has been endorsed by a bunch of humor and publishing heavyweights, including Josh Blue, comedian and winner of NBC’s Last Comic Standing, and Abby Heugel, popular humorist and blogger at Abby Has Issues.
“If you’re looking for a fun read, check out Clash of the Couples. I could relate to the couples in this honest and hilarious collection of modern relationship tales. Clash of the Couples bursts with the real stuff that couples fight about and will make you laugh while shaking your head at the ridiculousness of it!” – Josh Blue.
“Married, single, destined for spinsterhood – it doesn’t matter what angle you come at this book from, you will find something that you can relate to. And you will laugh, because even if you can’t relate to that particular situation, you’ll just be glad that it happened to somebody else.” – Abby Heugel
This isn’t just a huge day for me, but a HUGE day I never thought would happen. (Partially because I always assumed I was too lazy to do anything like submit an essay, but totally not the point.) For you guys to be a part of it? Makes me happier than you’ll ever know!
If you’d like to help with making today’s launch a spaztacular success, here are a few things you can do:
- Buy a copy of the book! It’s available on Amazon and other retailers! (If you do pick one up, THANK YOU!)
- If you received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) or beta review copy, please leave an honest review on Amazon and/or Goodreads. Be sure to mention at the end of your review that you did receive an advanced copy.
- Ask your library or bookstore to order it! Don’t be shy! Mention the success of other titles from Blue Lobster Publishing Co., like The Mother of All Meltdowns (#1 parenting best seller; great review by Publisher’s Weekly).
- Spread the word! Please tell your friends, co-workers, family, the guy at the parking garage—anyone and everyone—about the book!
- Share it on social media—Facebook, Twitter, and so on. Use the hashtag #ClashoftheCouples to get retweeted or shared by a shit-ton of co-authors!
- Instagram a picture of yourself holding the book for a chance to win a free copy! (Remember to use the hashtag #ClashoftheCouples.)
I seriously can’t even thank you all enough for hangin’ out, laughing, and all the amazing support over the last three years! (JUST realized tomorrow really IS the three year blogiversary of this thing!)
As a special thank you, I’m gonna do something else I never thought I’d do – a giveaway. (Yeah, I’m just as surprised by this as you are. I may need to put my head between my knees for a minute. Or at least grab another cup of coffee.) To enter all you have to do is leave a comment at the bottom or here on my Facebook page. At the end of the week I’ll draw some lucky guy or gal’s name for a free copy of Clash of the Couples!
From the bottom of my twisted heart, thanks guys!!!!